1 pound hamburger
1 small onion, chopped
3/4 cup water
1 pkg (1.25 oz. or 1/4 cup) taco seasoning
1 can (15 oz.) tomato sauce
1 pkg (8 oz.) macaroni, cooked and drained
1 can (4 oz.) chopped green chiles
1 can (or 1 cup thawed) corn (optional)
1 can kidney beans (optional)
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Brown beef and onion over medium heat.
- Mix in the water, taco seasoning, and tomato sauce. Bring to a boil, reduce heat. Simmer 5-to minutes.
- Stir in macaroni, chiles, 1 1/2 cup cheese, and optional ingredients.
- Pour into greased 1 1/2 quart baking dish. Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake at 350F for 30 minutes, or until heated through.