Crockpot BBQ Beer Chicken
- 3 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts (about 6 large)
- 1 tbsp onion powder
- 1 tbsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 8 oz of beer (something more in the amber color)
- 32 oz of barbecue sauce
- Season chicken with onion powder, garlic powder, paprika, salt and pepper.
- Add to crockpot, then add beer and 24 ounces of the barbecue sauce.
- Cook on low for 8 hours, tossing once or twice if desired.
- After 8 hours, shred and add remaining barbecue sauce.
- Serve as desired.
- "Thinner" the barbecue sauce works better than thicker sauce. If you choose to use a thicker sauce, you may want to add a little more beer (or liquid) in order for the sauce not to burn and thicken on the edges.
- Can substitute ginger ale, chicken stock, or even water for the beer.
- This makes a lot of chicken. Freeze in freezer container for later.
How Sweet Eats