Jalapeno Bacon Stuffed Mushrooms
12 whole mushrooms, large
1/4 cup panko bread crumbs
1 tbs butter
3 slices thick cut bacon, chopped
1 whole jalapeno, minced
1/4 cup diced yellow onion
1 clove garlic, minced
1 oz. cream cheese
2 oz shredded cheddar cheese
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp fresh ground pepper
- In a small bowl, combine the panko bread crumbs with the melted butter. Toss until evenly coated. Set aside.
- Heat the oven to 350F.
- Carefully clean and stem the mushrooms. Set the caps on a small baking sheet.
- Chop the stems and set aside.
- In a small pan over medium heat, cook the chopped bacon until crisp. Add the chopped vegetables and mushroom stems and cook until softened, about 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Set aside to cool slightly.
- In a medium bowl, mix the shredded cheese with the cream cheese until well combined. Add the warm vegetable mixture and mix well.
- Divide the filling evenly between the mushrooms. Top with the buttered panko mixture.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until the mushrooms are tender and the topping is golden brown.
- I used turkey bacon. I do not recommend that.
- Cheese and cream cheese were both reduced fat.