So... Now not only can I refer back here for it, but I can also get it from you!
12 1/2 cups chicken broth
1 1/4 cups wild rice (7 1/2 oz.)
6 1/4 cups frozen corn kernels (2 1/2 pounds)
2 tbsp oil
10 oz. cooked smoked sausage
3 carrots, peeled, diced
2 medium onions, chopped
1 1/2 cups half and half
- Bring 5 cups broth to a simmer in heavy medium saucepan over medium heat. Add wild rice and simmer until all liquid evaporates and rice is almost tender, about 50-60 minutes.
- Meanwhile, blend 3 3/4 cups corn and 1 1/2 cups chicken broth in processor until thick, almost puree forms.
- Heat oil in heavy large pan over medium-high heat. Add sausage (already cut into 1/2" cubes) and saute' until beginning to brown, about 8 minutes. Add carrots and onions and stir 3 minutes. Add remaining 6 cups of chicken broth and bring soup to simmer.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer soup 15 minutes. Add cooked wild rice, corn puree and remaining 2 1/2 cups corn kernels to soup. Cook until wild rice is very tender and flavors blends. About 30 minutes. Mix in half and half.
- Thin soup with more chicken broth, if desired.
- Season soup to taste with salt and pepper.