This is the original recipe that is given to guests upon request.
1 cup granulated sugar
3 cups soda water
3 tsp lime juice concentrate
6 oz. thawed lemonade concentrate
6 tbsp creme de menthe (syrup available at liquor stores, or check stores like Smart & Final or Cash & Carry. Do not confuse it with creme de menthe liqueur.)
- Dissolve sugar into the soda water in a 3 quart saucepan.
- Add lime juice and lemonade and bring to a boil.
- Remove from heat and add creme de menthe.
- To serve, combine 3 parts syrup mix to 5 parts chilled water.
- Transfer beverage to pitcher and enjoy!
- Garnish each serving with mint leaves, lime slice and a maraschino cherry.