4 oz, baker's semi-sweet chocolate
1/4 cup sweetened condensed milk
1 pkg pie crust (store bought or make your own)
1/2 cup pecans (or nut of choice)
2 cups milk
2 pkg chocolate pudding mix, 3 oz boxes
1 tub cool whip (8 oz tub)
- Melt the chocolate in microwave. Make sure to stir it every 30 seconds or so, so that it doesn't scorch. When melted, mix the chocolate and condensed milk in a bowl.
- Put your pie crust into a pie plate. Then, pour chocolate mixture into your prepared crust and sprinkle with nuts.
- Beat milk and pudding mix, spoon 1 1/2 cups of the mixture over the nut layer; mix half of the tub of cool whip with remaining pudding and spread onto pie.
- Top with remaining cool whip and refrigerate 3 hours.
- I love sweetened condensed milk. I could eat it with a spoon. Oh wait, I do.
- Instructions don't say to, but your pie crust should be baked, not raw.
- 1% milk was used. Slightly healthy.
- I had a bunch of hodge podge pudding mixes in the little 1.5 oz packages, so I used 4 of them. Oh, and they were all the fat free (or is it sugar free) kinds.
- I got lots of raves about this pie.