By the way, go get yourself a donut pan asap!
www.bunsinmyoven.com and decided they sounded good. Needless to say, they were a hit at the yard sale.
for the donuts:
2 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 cup white sugar
2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp salt
3/4 cup buttermilk (or make your own with milk and vinegar)
2 eggs, beaten
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 tbs butter, melted
for the topping:
1/2 cup butter, melted
1/4 cup white sugar
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 tbs cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 325F degrees. Lightly spray a donut pan with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, mix together the flour, sugar, baking powder, nutmeg, cinnamon, and salt.
- In a small bowl, beat together the buttermilk, eggs, vanilla, and melted butter until well combined.
- Stir the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix until well combined.
- Fill your donut pan 3/4 full and bake for 8-10 minutes or until the donuts spring back when touched. Allow to cool slightly before removing from the pan.
- To make the topping, mix together the sugars and cinnamon in a small bowl.
- Dunk each donut into the melted butter to completely coat and then swirl around in the cinnamon sugar to coat.