First up we have a Weight Watchers recipe... Off to a good start don't you think?
PointsPlus value: 2
12 small uncooked red potatoes, each cut in half (about 1 lb)
1 oz. smoked gouda cheese, shredded (about 1/4 c)
3 slices crisp cooked bacon, finely crumbled (about 2 tbs)
1/4 c fat-free sour cream
2 tbs fresh chives, chopped
- Preheat oven to 400F. Spray a nonstick 10x15" jelly-roll pan with nonstick spray.
- With a spoon or melon baller (worked like a charm!), make a 1/2" deep well in the top of each potato.
- Arrange the potatoes in a single layer on the baking sheet. Lightly spray the potatoes with nonstick spray. Bake until tender and golden, about 40 minutes. Remove the potates from the oven. Leave the oven on.
- Top each potato half with 1/2 tsp of the cheese and 1/4 tsp of the bacon. Bake until the cheese begins to melt, about 5 minutes. Top each potato half with 1/2 tsp of the sour cream and sprinkle with the chives.
- Yields 2 pieces per serving.
- Bite size potatoes were a little difficult to find, but I found them at a nicer grocery store.
- To help the potatoes stand flat on the baking tray, cut a small slice from the bottom of each potato half. (I didn't have to do that)
- If you don't have a melon baller, scoop out the potato flesh with a 1/4 tsp measuring spoon.
- I used green onions since I needed to buy them for another recipe, just chop them up a little smaller.