Thursday, January 7, 2010

Southwest Corn Dip

First off let me say this, if you're not a member of Tasty Kitchen then something is wrong with you.  So go join.  And add your own recipes.  It's totally free!

Moving on.  I saw this recipe on Tasty Kitchen and decided that I had to make it.  Like soon!  Luckily I had a reason to make it soon, like for the next day.  To take to my friend's birthday party.  And it was a smashing hit!

Southwest Corn Dip
Serves 10 (according to the recipe, but it serves way more than that, but it could be used as a side salad I suppose)
Ingredients:
4 (15 oz.) cans corn, drained
1 (4 oz.) can chopped chilies, drained
1 (4 oz.) can chopped jalapenos, drained
1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
1 whole red bell pepper, chopped
1 bunch scallions/green onions, chopped
1 cup sour cream
1 (8 oz.) bag finely grated Mexican cheese
1/2 bunch fresh cilantro, coarsely chopped (or to taste)

Instructions:
Drain corn, chilies, and jalapenos.  Put in a large bowl with the beans, and tilt the bowl on its side while you chop the other veggies.  Add the rest of the veggies and drain - there will be liquid accumulated in the bowl.  Stir in the sour cream and grated cheese.  Add the cilantro last.

Refrigerate before serving if you have time and the self-control to keep from eating it.  Recommended to serve with Fritos Scoops or lime Tostitos.

My alterations:
-I used light sour cream.
-I added a little bit of salt and lime juice.
-Served with regular tortilla chips.

No comments: