I came across this recipe on Megan's Munchies site last week and decided to make them. Granted, I kinda messed up, but they were still yummy!
1 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla
2 cups rice cereal
1 (12 oz) bag semi-sweet chocolate chips (about 2 cups)
- Preheat oven to 350F. Lightly grease cookie sheets.
- Stir together flour, baking soda, and salt in a small bowl; set aside.
- In large mixing bowl, cream together butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add egg and vanilla; beat well.
- Gradually add flour mixture.
- Stir in rice cereal and chocolate chips.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls onto prepared cookie sheet.
- Bake 11-13 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Remove immediately from cookie sheets onto wire rack. Cool completely.
My mistake...? Well, for some reason, I took 1/2 cup of butter for 1/2 cube of butter. So, ah, there was 1/2 the amount of butter. Needless to say, they were dry, dry, dry cookies. The dry batter was still good though.