Sunday, January 31, 2010

Oatmeal Cranberry White Chocolate Chunk Cookies

Hey there, this is the sister that normally eats the cookies; now I'm making the cookies! Who would've thought that I can BAKE!?! Well, I love to bake and cook oh yeah I can't forget I LOVE to eat! I made these cookies a few years back and forgot about them. I forgot where the recipe was and once I remembered I just had to make them once again! I remembered that my family devoured them within a short period of time (who am I kidding though, anything with sugar in it doesn't last very long in our household). These cookies are delicious and I suggest you make them ASAP!

Oatmeal Cranberry White Chocolate Chunk Cookies

Prep time: 15 minutes
Bake time: 10-12 minutes
Makes approximately 2 1/2 dozen cookies

Ingredients:

2/3 cup butter softened
2/3 cup brown sugar
2 large eggs
1 1/2 cups old-fashioned oats
1 1/2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
6 oz. (1 heaping cup) craisins
2/3 cup white chocolate chunks or chips

Instructions:
  • Preheat oven to 375*F.
  • Using an electric mixer, beat butter and sugar together in a medium mixing bowl until light and fluffy.

  • Add eggs, mixing well.
  • Combine oats, flour, baking soda, and salt in a separate mixing bowl.

  • Add to butter mixture in several additions, mixing well after each addition.

  • Stir in craisins and white chocolate chips.

  • Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets.
  • Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until golden brown.
  • Cool on wire rack.
  • Store in an air tight container may be kept in the freezer (when using after freezing allow 15 min. for cookies to thaw out).


Alterations:
- I didn't have enough butter so I added 1/2 cup of apple sauce
- I used whole wheat flour instead of all-purpose flour
- I made the cookies really small and got just a little more than 4 dozen cookies
-I stored them in an ziplock... BIG note to self do not do that!!! Because I used applesauce they were very sticky and began to have a stale taste.
-I used egg beater type eggs.

I couldn't tell that I had made alterations to the recipe, it's that good!


Oh, these cookies made my kitchen smell so yummy! (I stand corrected they made my sister's kitchen smell yummy, my kitchen a.k.a. my parents kitchen is under construction (seriously it looks like a war zone)). I hope you get baking so you too may taste the deliciousness of these oatmeal cranberry white chocolate (goodness) cookies!

Kaitlin took all but the last pictures herself!  I edited them though. :)

No comments: