Oatmeal Cranberry White Chocolate Chunk Cookies
Prep time: 15 minutes
Bake time: 10-12 minutes
Makes approximately 2 1/2 dozen cookies
2/3 cup butter softened
2/3 cup brown sugar
2 large eggs
1 1/2 cups old-fashioned oats
1 1/2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
6 oz. (1 heaping cup) craisins
2/3 cup white chocolate chunks or chips
- Preheat oven to 375*F.
- Using an electric mixer, beat butter and sugar together in a medium mixing bowl until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs, mixing well.
- Combine oats, flour, baking soda, and salt in a separate mixing bowl.
- Add to butter mixture in several additions, mixing well after each addition.
- Stir in craisins and white chocolate chips.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool on wire rack.
- Store in an air tight container may be kept in the freezer (when using after freezing allow 15 min. for cookies to thaw out).
- I didn't have enough butter so I added 1/2 cup of apple sauce
- I used whole wheat flour instead of all-purpose flour
- I made the cookies really small and got just a little more than 4 dozen cookies
-I stored them in an ziplock... BIG note to self do not do that!!! Because I used applesauce they were very sticky and began to have a stale taste.
-I used egg beater type eggs.
I couldn't tell that I had made alterations to the recipe, it's that good!
Oh, these cookies made my kitchen smell so yummy! (I stand corrected they made my sister's kitchen smell yummy, my kitchen a.k.a. my parents kitchen is under construction (seriously it looks like a war zone)). I hope you get baking so you too may taste the deliciousness of these oatmeal cranberry white chocolate (goodness) cookies!
Kaitlin took all but the last pictures herself! I edited them though. :)