Thursday, January 7, 2010

Chocolate Covered Cookie Dough

My favorite thing from Old Tyme Pastries is their chocolate covered cookie dough.  So where I came across this recipe I knew I had to make them.  You know, to compare.  Yea, purely for comparison reasons.

Ingredients:
1/2 cup butter, softened
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla
2 cups flour
14 oz. can sweetened, condensed milk
3/4 cup milk chocolate chips
Shell: 1 1/2 lbs chocolate disks or chocolate chips

Instructions:
  1. In a large bowl, cream butter and brown sugar with an electric mixer at medium speed until creamy.  Add vanilla.  Gradually beat in flour and add sweetened, condensed milk.  Add chocolate morsels, mixing well.  Shape into 1" balls.  Place on waxed paper, chill 2 hours.
    *Since the dough is sticky, you can roll your fingers into flour.  This will make it easier to roll.
  2.  Melt chocolate disks or chips in a double boiler.  Using 2 forks, dip cookie balls into candy coating to cover.  Place on waxed paper and chill to set.  Store in refrigerator for at least 1 hour.
These were good!  Not as good as Old Tyme.  But maybe because I: 1) didn't have milk chocolate chips, and 2) used semi-sweet chocolate chips for melting too.  I think they would have been better had I used the 2 different chocolates.  And, I again had problems properly coating the chocolate around the dough ball.

Make it.  Try it.  Enjoy it.  Just don't eat it all.

No comments: