Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Oreo Truffles

2 things about these little treats:
1.  They're easy.
2.  They're good.

'Nuff said!

There are about 3 million versions of this recipe floating round the 'net, and I got mine from How Sweet It Is.

Ingredients:
a package of Oreo cookies
8 oz. block of cream cheese

  1. Using a food processor, chop up the oreos to smithereens.  Once oreos are processed into fine crumbs, add the cream cheese.  Just keep running it until the two pretty much ball up. 
  2. After you end up with one large ball, it's time to break it down to small balls.  Roll them into 1" balls, put them on a cookie sheet, and stick them in the freezer for about an hour to harden. 
  3. Melt some chocolate in a double boiler and dip the oreo balls in.  Once dipped, through them in the freezer again.

Alterations:
  • I used 1/3 less fat cream cheese AND reduced fat oreos.  I don't think the flavors were altered at all.
  • I also had major issues when it came to dipping them in the chocolate.  So if you have any advice I'd love to hear it.
  • 10/31/10 - I used peanut butter oreos... SO GOOD!  I'll be trying other flavored oreos in the future.

No comments: