1. They're easy.
2. They're good.
There are about 3 million versions of this recipe floating round the 'net, and I got mine from How Sweet It Is.
a package of Oreo cookies
8 oz. block of cream cheese
- Using a food processor, chop up the oreos to smithereens. Once oreos are processed into fine crumbs, add the cream cheese. Just keep running it until the two pretty much ball up.
- After you end up with one large ball, it's time to break it down to small balls. Roll them into 1" balls, put them on a cookie sheet, and stick them in the freezer for about an hour to harden.
- Melt some chocolate in a double boiler and dip the oreo balls in. Once dipped, through them in the freezer again.
- I used 1/3 less fat cream cheese AND reduced fat oreos. I don't think the flavors were altered at all.
- I also had major issues when it came to dipping them in the chocolate. So if you have any advice I'd love to hear it.
- 10/31/10 - I used peanut butter oreos... SO GOOD! I'll be trying other flavored oreos in the future.