Simple Stuffed Mushrooms
Yield: 16 servings
2 lbs button mushrooms (approximately 50 mushrooms)
8 oz package cream cheese
8 oz package shredded parmesan cheese
3 green onions, chopped
1 lb sausage
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Wash mushrooms and remove stems. Chop stems.
- Cream together cream cheese, parmesan cheese, and onions.
- Cook sausage. Once fully cooked, add in mushroom stems and cook until tender. Pour sausage and mushrooms into cheese and onion mixture. Mix well. Spoon into mushroom tops and bake for 15 minutes until bubbly. Remove from oven and allow to cool for 5 minutes prior to serving.
- I used 1/3 less fat cream cheese.
- I would have used turkey sausage, but the regular stuff was
- Assembled ahead of time, stored in fridge, baked when ready.