Thursday, January 6, 2011

Brownie Covered Oreos


These little creations... I had high expectations for them!  I had complete confidence that I could make brownie mix, dip an oreo in it, then bake it.  And I'm pretty sure I flubbed something up along the way because out of 36 (every oreo in package) or so "brownies", only 11 turned out.  I don't know what went wrong.  Maybe not enough non-stick spray.  Either way, the 11 were good.  And the crumbs of the other 25+ were good too.

Brownie Covered Oreos
Makes entire package of Oreos

Ingredients
1 brownie mix (or use your own brownie recipe)
1 package Oreos
White chocolate, melted for drizzle
Sprinkles

Instructions
  1. Preheat oven to 350F.  Prepare brownie batter according to package directions.  Leave in mixing bowl.  Dip Oreos in brownie batter then place in the bottom of cupcake tins that have been generously sprayed with cooking spray.  Bake for 12-15 minutes, until brownies are cooked through (doesn't take long).  As soon as you remove, take a plastic knife and run along edges, (this is very important so you get the cookie out with brownie not stuck to pan).
  2. Let cool for 5 minutes, remove, drizzle with melted white chocolate, sprinkle, and enjoy!
Comments
  • I sprayed generously.
  • I did not use plastic knife, I used metal one. 
  • Maybe that's where I went wrong...
  • I used the holiday peppermint oreos...yum!
 And in case you wondered what the scraps looked like...

No comments: