Monday, April 13, 2009

Egg Salad Sandwich

I look forward for Easter just for the egg salad sandwiches. They are one of my favorite things, and they are so easy to make. But yet I tend to only have them at Easter time every year.

Ingredients:
Hard boiled eggs - Dye job not required. But look how pretty they are! And the ones that were slightly cracked while soaking in the dye end up giving the mixture some color.
Mayo - I'm a fan of the Low Fat Best Foods (formly known as "reduced fat", look for the green lid). Low fat = fooling myself into thinking it's slightly healthier for me.
Mustard
Salt
Pepper
Garlic Powder
Optional: diced red onion, green onion, celery, relish, or anything else you may think would taste good and bulk it up.

Instructions:
Use your handy dandy egg slicer (slice, 1/4 turn and slice again). It's all too taste. I honestly never measure. If somethings not right I add more of what I think it needs. If I added to much I'll just add another egg.
I'm a fan of my bread being toasted. So I toast it. This sandwich was also used with Sara Lee Delightful bread (2 slices for 1 point). Again, it's a healthy trick.
And voila! You have a delicious, easy to make sandwich!

No comments: