Saturday, November 15, 2008

Healthy Chocolate Chip Cookies

The recipe is pretty simple... Follow whatever current chocolate chip cookie recipe you have. Me? I tend to always make the recipe that's on the chocolate chip bag.

But here's the difference...
  • Instead of all-purpose flour, use whole wheat flour.
  • Instead of butter, use half butter and half unsweetened applesauce.
Bake as normal.

Now, when I made these, I substituted the WHOLE amount of flour with whole wheat. But as I put the first sheet into the oven I read on the bag that when substituting, use half all-purpose and half whole wheat. Maybe it would have made a difference. Maybe not. The cookies were still really good. There was a slight flavor difference, but only if you really knew that there should be.

These cookies also froze and shipped well. I sent a majority of the batch to Alaska where Dennis and his kids gobbled them up.

Here you have, as my dad called them, Poop Pounder Chocolate Chip Cookies. Very high in fiber! 3 grams per 1/4 cup of flour...

No comments: