1 c evaporated milk
2 c white sugar
4 tbs butter
4 tbs corn syrup
Assortment of dippers (apples, bananas, pound cake, marshmallows, pretzels, etc)
- In a small saucepan, mix the evaporated milk, sugar, butter, and corn syrup.
- Heat up over medium heat and bring to a boil while stirring.
- Let the mixture boil and thicken for about 5 minutes.
- Pour the content into your warm fondue pot.
- Dip bite size pieces of various dippers using a fondue fork.
- Enjoy and repeat. No double dipping!
- For some reason, it took way longer than 5 minutes to thicken. So I kept it on the burner longer. I probably should have taking it off when the 5 minutes were up, 'cause guess up, it kept cooking while being kept warm by the fondue warmer!
- It was easily dippable for awhile, now I have caramel candies. :)
Credits: Caramel Fondue Recipe