Monday, November 1, 2010

Caramel Sauce/Fondue

I've made chocolate fondue before, so I figured it was time to venture into the world of caramel fondue.  Which is kinda a little bit scary because there is a fine line between sauce and caramel chewy candies.  But what the heck, I'll try it anyways!

Ingredients:
1 c evaporated milk
2 c white sugar
4 tbs butter
4 tbs corn syrup
Assortment of dippers (apples, bananas, pound cake, marshmallows, pretzels, etc)

Instructions:
  1. In a small saucepan, mix the evaporated milk, sugar, butter, and corn syrup.
  2. Heat up over medium heat and bring to a boil while stirring.
  3. Let the mixture boil and thicken for about 5 minutes.
  4. Pour the content into your warm fondue pot.
  5. Dip bite size pieces of various dippers using a fondue fork.
  6. Enjoy and repeat.  No double dipping!
Alterations/Recommendations:
  • For some reason, it took way longer than 5 minutes to thicken.  So I kept it on the burner longer.  I probably should have taking it off when the 5 minutes were up, 'cause guess up, it kept cooking while being kept warm by the fondue warmer!
  • It was easily dippable for awhile, now I have caramel candies.  :)

No comments: