Saturday, July 11, 2009

Cookie Cake Pie: Attempt #2

I was not going to let this recipe win. I had to successfully make it! So, the next day it was time to make a second attempt of the "Cookie Cake Pie."

And I did it!
Ingredients:A single pie crust
A batch of cookie dough (homemade or store bought)
A batch of cake batter
Frosting

Instructions:
1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. Line pie pan with pie crust. Place cookie dough on pie crust, spread evenly. Should end up being about an inch thick. (Note, you should also end up with some dough leftover.)
3. Make your cake batter. Pour batter onto cookie dough until pie crust is about 2/3 filled. (This is where I originally went wrong. I used all the batter.) You should end up with leftover batter. Be creative and use it like I did, cookie cupcakes.
4. Pop the monster in the oven, check it after 25 minutes. You're aiming for golden brown edges. Continue to bake at 5 minute increments until golden brown edges are achieved. (See the cookie cupcakes in there...?)
5. Pull it out and let it cool. Once cooled frost it. The original maker of this recipe said that her frosting was about 1" thick. EEK! I did not lay it on that thick.
It was a bit sloppy when I cut into it. But man was it good. Diabetes waiting to happen. Well worth it though!

Thank you CakeSpy for sharing this recipe.

No comments: