Saturday, January 3, 2009

Body Scrub

This is a Martha Stewart recipe that I used to make a homemade Christmas gift for an exchange with my Bible Study group.

Tools and Materials:
2 cups Epsom salt or organic cane sugar
1 cup carrier oil
8 drops essential oil(s)
1 drop food coloring
canning jars

Directions:
  1. Stir together Epsom salts or sugar and carrier oil in a bowl, mixing well.
  2. Using pipette, add essential oil, 1 drop at a time. Add food coloring, and stir until color is even throughout. Spoon into canning jars.
Epsom salts can be found at a drug store like Longs. I used olive oil as the carrier oil. Essential oils can be found at craft stores like Michaels, just make sure you get an essential oil and not a soap oil. Being as I used olive oil, which has a stronger smell, I ended up using more of the essential oil to cover the scent of the olive oil.

Carrie is the winner that took it home. She says she loves it and that it smells like gummy bears. Humm...

No comments: