2 (8.5 oz) packages corn bread mix
2 tbsp brown sugar
2 large eggs
1 1/2 c milk
9 whole hot dogs, diced
1 c grated cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 400F. Lightly grease mini muffin tins.
- In a large bowl, stir together cornbread mix and brown sugar. In a small bowl, whisk together eggs and milk, and then stir into dry mixture until moistened. Mix in hot dogs and cheese.
- Spoon a good tablespoonful into muffin tins, making sure you get some hot dog in each spoonful.
- Bake 10-12 minutes, or until golden brown. Let cool for about 10-15 minutes in the pan before removing. For easy removal, cut around outsides of the muffins, then tip upside down onto a large cutting board and urge the muffins out using a knife to tap the bottoms of the muffin tins. The should slide right out.
- Serve warm with desired condiments.
- Alternately, you can use your favorite cornbread mix, follow the instructions on the box, add in 1 cup of cheddar cheese and mix in chopped hot dogs too. If your favorite cornbread mix doesn't have a sweet element to it, add in 2 tbsp brown sugar. (This is good if your cornbread mix only calls for water = less calories!)
- You can use paper liners if you'd like.
- I used turkey dogs. Yum!
- I also added a can of diced green chiles to one of the 2 batches!
- Can also freeze muffins for later use. Takes only a minute or 2 to thaw in microwave.
Recipe from www.recipegirl.com