Sunday, September 5, 2010

Strawberry Banana Bread

After Mom and Dad left on vacation, Kaitlin cleaned out their freezer.  And out came 14 frozen bananas.  No joke.  I had seen this recipe one another blog, which came with rave reviews, so I decided to try it myself.  I must admit, I was a bit disappointed.

Ingredients:
2 eggs
1/4 cup cooking oil
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup mashed strawberries
1/2 cup mashed bananas
1 3/4 cup flour
1/2 cup rolled oats
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt

Instructions:
  1. Preheat oven to 350F.
  2. Beat eggs until frothy.  Stir in oil, sugar, strawberries and bananas
  3. In separate bowl, whisk together flour, oats, baking power, baking soda, and salt.
  4. Combine wet and dry ingredients.  Stir just until moistened.
  5. Spoon into a greased loaf pan.  Bake for about 1 hour (or until inserted toothpick comes out clean).  Wrap well and allow to ripen for a day.
So here's my critique:
  • Next time I would use strawberry jam.
  • Something with the rolled oats seemed a bit much.  Maybe slightly blend them so their a little finer.
  • Maybe increase the amount of banana and strawberry by a little bit, I couldn't taste them as much as I would have liked.

No comments: