Friday, October 30, 2009

Pesto Stuffed Mushrooms

Oh my goodness!  I can't believe I haven't shared this recipe yet!  Forgive me, I believe by not sharing I have sinned...

You start off with these ingredients:

regular mushrooms
pesto sauce
cream cheese (softened)
garlic (minced)
shredded parm
The this is what you do:
Preheat oven to 350F.  Gently clean the mushrooms.  Pop the stems out of the tops.

Mix the cream cheese and garlic together.  Use a spoon and put a little scoop into each mushroom to fill the hole where the stem was.

 
Then you put a little dollop of pesto onto of the cream cheese.
 
Sprinkle with the shredded parmesan.

Bake for oh, about 10-15 minutes to bake the little suckers.  Finish on broil to slightly brown the pesto and parm.

Warning:  The are HOT when the come out of the oven.  Give them a chance to cool, unlike I did, I just popped one in my mouth.  Oops!

Here's where I went wrong.  I didn't take a picture of the finished product.  Because I was at a party when I baked them.  And because I ate half of them.  So good.

Pesto Mushrooms
Ingredients:
Mushrooms
Cream Cheese, softened
Garlic, minced
Pesto Sauce
Shredded Parmesan Cheese

Instructions:
  1. Preheat oven to 350F.  Gently clean mushrooms.  Pop the stems out of the tops.
  2. Mix cream cheese and garlic.  Scoop a little bit of the mixture into each mushroom top.
  3. Put a little dollop of pesto on the cream cheese.
  4. Sprinkle with parm
  5. Bake at 350F for 10-15 minutes.  Broil to finish.
  6. Let cool slightly!
Enjoy!

No comments: